Sunday, August 2, 2009

Stringing? Threading? Hair Removal Question...?

I have very light blond, soft and downy hair on the sides of my face. Not whiskers or anything, and not too heavy. I've heard there's something called "stringing" or "threading" which can remove it. Does anyone know anything about this? How do you find a place that does this?



Are there other hair removal methods? I think waxing would work, but I'm afraid it might be overkill (and hurt!) Plucking is out of the question, and I don't think shaving it is a good idea, though I did take my husband's electric razor to it once which caused little tiny fluffs of hair to float around. I've heard that shaving hair can make it rougher so I definitely don't want that to happen.



Help me ladies!



Stringing? Threading? Hair Removal Question...?

I don't have the time to buy or use store-bought kits, and I don't like to shave.



You could always go to a beauty salon and ask about threading, but there are many places to learn yourself. I do threading on myself, and it's really quick and easy when you get the hang of it, and grabs the finest hairs, which I find makes it better than waxing. Plus it's not as painful.



It's sort of hard to describe the technique in writing, so here's a good website with pictures if you want to know. It's the best one I found. http://www.indiaparenting.com/beauty/art...



They say it's good for facial hair but I think it is alright for body hair too.



Once again, if you don't want to go through that trouble you can go to a beauty salon. It's becoming very popular, so you're more likely to find one that threads than one that doesn't. Just ask your local salon!



I've tried threading on my super coarse hair and my very fine hair, and they both work, so threading should work for you.



Good luck!!!



Stringing? Threading? Hair Removal Question...?

Threading is realllly good! You can get your whole face threaded. My cousin got it done and her skin looked so radient!!!! it's affordable and easy. =] it doens't hurt that much when you first get it.



Stringing? Threading? Hair Removal Question...?

More of a comment than an answer, but I have the same deal with the light, soft blonde hairs on my face. No one has noticed them, not even my boyfriend. I'd recommend that unless they begin to darken, just leave them be. I worry that they may appear dark and coarse as they grow back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment