Sunday, August 2, 2009

Trying to fix un-even hair color?

Ok, so my original hair color is blond, then I decided to dye it black. Looked great but over time faded terribly to a brown color and it was very un-even. So I decided I wanted to dye my hair a un-natural color ( blue) So I bleached my hair. Egh, it turned the top of my hair a cartoon-character sunshine-yellow blond and the bottom only lightened up. I dyed it burgandy which kinda hides the unevenness but its still uneven and I stilll want to dye it blue. If I dye it black and about a week later bleach it blond would it be even?



I know I should probbably go to a professional but my mom says they I can do any thing at the sink they can at a shop...ya right. If I save up the money to go to a professional what do you think they will do? Strip my hair? Is that bad for my hair?



Trying to fix un-even hair color?

you can strip your hair at home with products from sally beauty supply, but your hair will be orange, so you'll need to redye it right away, unless you like the orange hair look. but if you do intend on removing your haircolor or even bleaching it again, be careful not to get any on the new growth of hair and keep the bleach about an inch away from your scalp. your body heat affacts the processing time (it shortens it) so when you get the bleach too close to your hair, it ends up way lighter than the rest of your hair. and stripping does damage your hair, but not as much as bleaching it does. i've stripped my hair three times now, and (dyed it immediately afterwards like it says you can) and i still have hair. it's a little drier for a day or two, but i just deep condition it and i'm good to go. you could also try gradually removing the haircolor (like i'm doing now) with something like colorfix to reduce the damage. so over a period of a few weeks i'm taking my hair from medium to dark brown to orange, and then i'm just going to strip the rest of it with loreal haircolor remover, take it to a orange-yellow or just yellow, and dye it blonde. if you go to a professional, i'll say they'd either strip it, or gradually lighten your hair to a color that you will be able to put the blue over.

No comments:

Post a Comment