Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lighter hair!!? please help me!?

alright well when i was younger i always wanted to be blond. (my hair is naturally medium brown) so basically every summer for about three years i would get highlights or use some cheap peroxide/lemon based gel in the sun. by the school year my hair would be blondish orange and would eventually grow out. last summer i had my grandma(a hairdresser) put bleach blond chunky highlights in my hair, which i hated and immediately ran to cvs and bought a box of my original hair color and dyed it back. unfortunately about two weeks or so, as the color was fading, the highlights were coming back out to reveal ugly brassy tones. so ever since then ive just been dyeing my hair every 2 months or so. now in april i'm going on vacation to the bahammas and since i'm going to be tan i want my hair to be a little lighter than my normal tone, but i don't want to do highlights. so should i dye it before i go so the sun can work with it? or will the sun work against it? any suggestions.ex brands?pleasehelp



Lighter hair!!? please help me!?

I think you should go to a professional hairdresser and get your hair highlighted using the foil technique. This will make your hair look lighter naturally - and it will not be as noticeable when the roots start to come in. Some salons offer great specials for 1st time customers. Or you could go to a beauty school for a great rate.



Lighter hair!!? please help me!?

To be honest I am a rubber glove queen myself and I like spray Sun In which lightens your hair out in the sun or with a hairdryer BUT I really think you should consult a hairdresser who can give you exactly what you want for the vacation....I envy you the Bahamma trip...it's just great there



Lighter hair!!? please help me!?

Okay, well...maybe it's time to go to a different salon other than your grandma...times and methods have changed since she was in "beauty school".... the brassiness can be toned to make it not so harsh...I would go to a reputable salon and explain your situation. Any good stylist should be able to help you out... Hopefully grandma doesn't have hurt feelings!!



Lighter hair!!? please help me!?

yes dye it before you go to regular color and sun will work with it this is coming from a blond that wanted to go medium brown and ...........well similar to what your going through well the sun will work with it not against it but then again your hair will become really weak and just start falling out you should let it go you might find you like the way it came out if you just sop dying it



Lighter hair!!? please help me!?

formulas are unnatural to your hair. your hair will deteriorate and will become really weak.



stop using brands. the more stuff you put on your hair (besides shampoo and conditioner) the more it will damage your hair.



don't blow dry your hand or dry it by towel either, let it air dry.



Lighter hair!!? please help me!?

DONT LIGHTEN IT YOURSELF. thats why it goes orange. Seriously have a professional do it. I had the opposite problem. I had lighter hair dyed it dark then wanted to go light again but it ended up orangy brown. It is more expensive to have it professionally done but well worth it.



Lighter hair!!? please help me!?

Well for one, your doing to much to your hair. 2nd, if your grandmother is a hair stylist, why are you asking us...she'll will tell you the same thing. You wanna go lighter, your gunna have to strip it, bleach it, or put highlights in it. If u run to Sally's they have this color line that will lighten your shade 2 shades lighter, but Ive never used them, again they are going to be just as harsh.



My suggestion, If u want a lighter shade. Get the highlights, they will be either blond blond or a brassy orange. SO then get a color from Sallys, if they have an orange base, get an ash light brown with more of a blue base, and if they are blond, get a light brown with a violet base, mix equl parts with a 20 volume developer



Lighter hair!!? please help me!?

Why not? I have med brown hair and usually dye it a mahogany red color. This time I bought medium blonde, for a change. I never started dying my hair til a few years ago in my 40's. I am confident with the brand I use. Luminess. Big Lots is the only place I have found it at. It leaves my hair silky and shiny and the color is very natural looking. Why not try the one that is semi-permanant and washes out within a month. That's how I usually test colors.



Good luck!



Lighter hair!!? please help me!?

yea you should. i would go with herbal essences hair color. it gives a natural color without making you look crappy. There are all kinds of hair products. If you are just trying to lighten your hair naturally without using all kinds of hair dyes, go with Sun In. It gives you a naturally lightened color without all the damageing effects of hair dye. Plus it is permanant and you will not have to worry about dying your hair all the time



Lighter hair!!? please help me!?

If the red is still in your hair, ask your grandma to strip the color from your hair and go for any colors that have the word, "ash" in the name... anything that doesn't have red, because that's where the brassiness comes from. Going blond, especially for girls with dark hair, has to be gradual. Try going "Light Ash Brown" then maybe a lighter blond, but the key is: STAY AWAY FROM RED TONES OF ANY KIND.



Lighter hair!!? please help me!?

I think you should dye your hair after you go on vacation. Usually the sun changes your haircolor (but not in a good way).... it will make it orange-y and dry!!! : ( Also, if you go swimming, your hair might turn green! So my vote is: dye it AFTER you go on vacation!!!



hope this helps!



Lighter hair!!? please help me!?

What you have to remember is that the base color for brown hair is red. When lightening it will go through different stages of red, orange and yellow which is why when using peroxide/lemon based products your hair turns orange.



Go to a professional hairstylist. Book an appointment for a partial weave.



Tell the stylist that you want a natural looking weave. Make sure you let her/him know that "chunky" is not what you want. Also ask her/him to look at the color swatch book so you both can get a better idea of what colors you really want.



Big note make sure you let the stylist know you've been using home haircolor every two months as some build up and are harder to remove.



Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment